ENGAGE selling solutions - inspiring results
ENGAGING IDEAS

Join the Engage community of sales experts.






Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Winning Email: Comments from an Engage Reader!

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations Erik on restarting a stalled deal by doing something unique and different to get the prospects attention! I love this email.

Bloggers: Please note that the red italic font is my editorial as I didn't want to reveal any company secrets in this thread!

Enjoy and apply it to your own business. Remember, you can't win a sale until you do something different!

Dedicated to increasing your sales,

Colleen Francis

***************************************************************************************


Colleen

I had to share this with you. I took one of your tips (I think #8 from a week or two ago) and it worked like magic. Check out my email, and my prospects response below.


Thanks!!!

Erik

*****************************************************************************************

Hi Prospect X


On the October 19th, I sent you an email with all the information about XXX that I promised to send to you. As I haven't heard from you, I can only assume one of the following:

1. You're now not interested and I'm reduced to the status of an annoying piece of spam clogging up your email;

2. or You desperately want to contact me, but you're trapped under a fallen filing cabinet and can't reach your phone or PC.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Erik

P.S. If it is #2, please let me know and I'll send someone round to help you out.

*******************************************************************************************
(The prospect's same day response.....)


From: Prospect X
Sent: Tuesday, November 07 2006 2:37 PM
To: Erik
Subject: RE: Thank you for the call

Hi Erik,

Ok that was quite possibly one of the best emails I have ever received. It totally deserves a great response but sadly I don't have it in me today! So how about I just give you a straight up answer... :)

Currently (and for the past few weeks) I am not planning for... (great sales intelligence here) We are entering into planning for... (great needs statement here). I am not... (great decision making information here).

So bottom line, you are not 'annoying' nor is your email 'spam clogging' up my email. Lucky for me, I was also not tragically stuck under a file cabinet! Feel free to continue to contact me and send materials my way. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Prospect X



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home