ENGAGE selling solutions - inspiring results
ENGAGING IDEAS

Join the Engage community of sales experts.






Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trying something new to get a better, and more profitable result

Here is an example of a fellow sales professional Amanda, who tried something new this year. She wrote me immediately to share the story and I thought you should hear it too.

Amanda write our offices and said:

“Oh Colleen. Your tactics always work so well. This is a HUGE reseller (VAR) in NY that has been avoiding me like crazy.”

Here is what happened between Amanda and Frank:

Original email:

Dear Frank;

On April 12, I sent you an email asking for you to review the Talkswitch product line and as I haven't heard from you, I can only assume one of the following:

1) You're now not interested and I'm reduced to the status of an annoying piece of spam clogging up your email; or

2) You desperately want to contact me, but you're trapped under a fallen filing cabinet and can't reach your phone or PC.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Amanda ,Channel Sales Manager

P.S. If it is #2, please let me know and I'll send someone round to help you out.

Response:

Amanda,

That's hysterical. Now I'm going to call you tomorrow.

Regards,

Frank

Result: Frank called Amanda, and the business moving forward.

Lesson, if you continue to do the same thing over and over again you will get the same result. If you want a different result, do something different. Shake it up! Have some fun! What have you got to lose?

Dedicated to increasing your sales,

Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home